Sunday, February 26, 2006

Just Like Mom

Milk and Cookies. They served milk and warm chocolate chip cookies.

Yesterday I got upgraded to first class on a flight to the west coast. I had plenty of room for my legs and the service was great.

For desert they brought me a warm chocolate chip cookie and milk.

One of my foundest childhood memories is the smell of chocolate chip "Tollhouse" cookies fresh from the oven. Mom would pour us a glass of milk to chase them down.

Mom died a year ago today. We miss you Mom.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Played a family game of RummyCube on friday night. What a great way to remember someone you love by experiencing something that was shared and enjoyed together. At least I got to win. If I was playing against grandma she would have won...I AM SURE!!!!

Jack Norton said...

So true.

Anonymous said...

Awe, nothing like a tall glass of ice cold milk and fresh baked C-Chip cookies with the chips still warm. I usually do about half a dozen and 2 glasses of milk when I bake them.
Nothing like fond memories to go with it.
What an odd thing to happen on her 1 year anniversary, I wonder if she had u upgraded to first class so you would know she is with you in the weeks to come?
I know I think oddly sometimes, but Hey Jack, ya never know. Could be her way of letting u know that everythings going to be A OK .
Love you, and will be thinking of you.
Brenda