Friday, November 10, 2006

Idiocy

I was yelling and screaming in my car today.

It was a good thing I was alone.

Listening to the news I heard President Bush say this:

"And years from now, when America looks out on a democratic Middle East growing in freedom and prosperity, Americans will speak of the battles like Fallujah with the same awe and reverence that we now give to Guadalcanal and Iwo Jima."

I could not believe my ears. Our President does not understand history, and he certainly does not understand what a mess he has made of Iraq. How could any thinking person make that comparison? What an insult to the Marines of The Greatest Generation! What a cavalier attitude regarding the Marines who have lost their lives or been maimed in the totally needless and frightfully mismanaged war in Iraq!

His continuous obnoxious attempts to compare World War II with his War on Terror are downright maddening. His immoral preemptive war in Iraq has made not only the Marines less safe, it has put the world and all Americans at risk.

No comments: